British Airways Offers Real Family Time This Mother’s Day
United Arab Emirates: In an attempt to offer expats increased opportunities to travel back home and visit friends and loved ones, British Airways has announced a special fares campaign running until 10 March allowing for travel until the end of July.
With Mother’s Day around the corner, there has never been a better time for UAE residents to give their mum a surprise holiday, or the best gift of all – by hopping on a plane and turning up on her doorstep! According to a recent survey commissioned by British Airways, one in four residents of the UAE have not taken a long haul trip in the last year, so now is the perfect opportunity to take advantage of the discounted fares British Airways is offering to cities across the UK, Europe, the US and Canada.
‘Being able to travel back to your home country on special occasions such as Mother’s Day allows you to enjoy the traditions of home and still live a professional expat life abroad,” said Paolo De Renzis, Area Commercial Manager, Middle East and Central Asia. “Through offering a timely special fares campaign, we hope to encourage residents to visit their families at the end of a busy first quarter and not feel too disconnected from home.”
With changing economic times, increasing numbers of young people are moving abroad in search of more profitable work and the Middle East continues to be a popular destination. Additionally, the Middle East is at the cross roads of multiple continents, making it possible to take frequent short trips – including trips back home due to convenient travel times and flight routes – making home feel closer and more accessible. British Airways offers three flights per day to London from Dubai International, and another daily flight from Abu Dhabi, meaning that UAE residents have a choice of departure times, with convenient connections to onward destinations for those looking to travel further than London.
The discounted air fares will be available across Club World, World Traveller Plus and World Traveller cabins until 10 March 2014, and allows for travel until 31 July 2014. Fares start from as little as 2745* AED to the UK and Europe, and 4419* AED to the USA and Canada. A full timetable of British Airways’ flights to London and beyond is available online at ba.com, where customers can find the lowest fares and book, pay and check-in online for their flights.
– ENDS –
*Terms and conditions apply. Visit www.ba.com for full offer details.
PHOTO CAPTION: British Airways will offer special fares to select destinations across the UK, Europe and North Atlantic regions.
About British Airways:
- British Airways flies to 166 destinations, 9 destinations in the UK, 72 in Europe and 85 in the rest of the world.
- The airline is one of the world’s largest international airlines carrying approximately 36 million passengers around the world every year.
- The airline offers a choice of four cabins on the majority of its long-haul services.
- The airline is investing in new aircraft, new cabins, new technology and new routes.
- British Airways operates the majority of flights from Terminal 5, its home at London Heathrow. This terminal is capable of handling 30 million customers a year and is the size of 50 football pitches.
- British Airways is half way through a more than £5bn investment in new aircraft, smarter cabins, elegant lounges and new technologies to make life more comfortable in the air and on the ground.
For media enquiries, please contact the British Airways press office:
Emma Jones / Ruth Christian / Disa Tersmeden
Tel: 04 390 2960
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com