Gulf for Good offer FREE fitness training across Dubai
Stair climbing. Snow hiking. Circuit training. Beach walks.
Gulf for Good are laying on a fantastic series of FREE training sessions this month – on Wednesday evenings & Friday mornings. They’re designed specifically to help people booked on a Gulf for Good Challenge get fit for the Challenge – but anyone interested in finding out more about what we do is very welcome to join in. It’s a great way to get fit & meet people who do interesting things. So come & join us – just RSVP for times & venues.
Quick Facts about Gulf For Good fitness calendar
- A variety of FREE & fun fitness training activities planned in June
- A great way to improve stamina & get fitter
- Designed for Gulf for God Challengers, but open to all Dubai residents
- Anyone can join and get fitter
- Check our June fitness calendar and send RSVP http://www.gulf4good.org/en/section/events
June fitness calendar is available here: http://www.gulf4good.org/en/section/events
|Fri 6 June||Stair Climb Training|
|Fri 6 June||Waterfront Circuit training|
|Weds 11 June||Waterfront Circuit training|
|Fri 13 June||Beach Hike with a difference|
|Fri 20 June||Snow Hike|
|Weds 25 June||Waterfront Circuit training|
|Fri 27 June||Beach Hike|
Quick Facts about Gulf for Good
- Gulf for Good’s tagline is ‘Giving kids a chance around the world’
- Gulf for Good organize 3 to 4 adventure challenges each year taking people to fabulous locations, have a life changing experience and help kids around the world
- Since 2001 Gulf for Good has raised over $2.6 million in sponsorship to fund projects benefiting underprivileged children around the world
- Since 2011 Gulf For Good has completed 46 adventure challenges, enabling sponsorship worth more than US$ 2.6 Million for schools, hospitals, orphanages, and medical equipment in 23 countries in the Middle East, Asia, South America and Africa.
- That money has enabled the building & renovation of 100s of orphanages, schools, weekly boarding houses to enable kids in remote areas to attend school, homes for street kids, homes for abandoned children, homes for handicapped children & a hospital
- All the adventure challenges support worthy charities and help tackle the obstacles such as lack of enough classrooms, and unsafe environment for school going girls. For example, in 2014, three of our four challenges directly support construction of new classrooms in Laos and Tanzania and building safe housing for rural girls in Morocco. Our Mongolia challenge helps build a medical centre for underprivileged children,” said Tricia Evans, Governor Gulf for Good
A complete list of adventure challenges is available on http://www.gulf4good.org/en/section/the-challenges
In June, a group of committed challengers will visit Morocco for a week long life changing experience and help a charity which supports girls education in rural Morocco.
The next challenge, one of our most popular challenges to Kilimanjaro, Trek to the Roof of Africa will help build new classrooms in Sumaye, a Tanzanian primary school. The work is facilitated by Village Education Project, a charity Gulf for Good has supported in the past as well.
Sign-up for our next challenge: The Wilds of Mongolia Challenge 2014
19th to 27th September 2014 & 3 to 11 October 2014
The multisport challenge in breathtaking Mongolia is filling fast now. The challenge takes you through the fascinating land of Genghis Khan on this 6 day challenge while trekking, mountain biking and horse riding in one of the last unspoiled travel destinations in Asia.
The sponsorship collected by challengers will help build a Children’s Centre 30kms outside Ulaanbaatar in Gachuurt Village for children who require long term medical treatment and care via New Choice Charity. It was founded and registered in 2004 (No:1037633) as a non-governmental and non-profit organization, based in the Mongolian capital of Ulaanbaatar and reaches out to the whole of Mongolia.
More information on the project, charity and registration is available here:
Gulf for Good’s aim is to inspire people in the Gulf to challenge themselves whilst having fun and helping others.
GIVING KIDS A CHANCE AROUND THE WORLD
Established in March 2001, Gulf for Good operates under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed al Maktoum.
Gulf for Good has four main objectives:-
o to bring together Gulf nationals and residents in a good cause;
o to encourage people to push their own limits;
o to show people the value and enjoyment of motivation, commitment and helping others;
o to donate large sums to worthwhile projects
G4G organise exciting adventure challenges around the world inspiring people to do something unusual. Participants collect sponsorship, which is then donated to handpicked charities in the region where the challenge is held. A multi-national Board of Governors comprising respected business owners supervises the charity. All are volunteers, including the Charity’s Solicitors and Auditors.
The charity recently won the prestigious Noble Humanitarian Award Middle East.
Media Contact: Marketing@gulf4good.org