Surprise Trips Abroad Grab Top Spot for Romantic Residents of the UAE
United Arab Emirates: A recent survey commissioned by British Airways across the Middle East has shown that the most romantic gesture someone could make for their partner is surprising them with a trip overseas to their favourite destination.
A whopping 53 per cent of UAE residents indicated that a surprise trip abroad would be the best gift they could receive, and the ultimate romantic gesture. Receiving a gadget or jewellery as a gift was the second most popular choice across the entire region, while being surprised with an expensive candlelit dinner took the final spot in the top three.
With trips abroad being a clear winner, and Valentine’s Day just around the corner, British Airways is launching special fares to London, Europe and the North Atlantic, with specially discounted prices in Club World and First Class that make for the perfect luxury getaway gift for the special occasion.
Paolo De Renzis, Area Commercial Manager, Middle East and Central Asia, said: “With Valentine’s Day falling on a Friday this year, what better gift could a person receive than being whisked off on a romantic holiday to spend the day in London, Paris or New York? Our sale will be on until the 16th of February, so for anyone who is in the doghouse for forgetting the special occasion, they’ve got a couple of extra days to get something booked and make amends!”
The British Airways sale across First and Club World cabins will run from 27 January to 16 February, and allows for travel from 01 February to 31 July. Fares start from as little as 11,075* AED to the UK and Europe, and 13,695* AED to the USA and Canada in British Airways’ premium cabins. A full timetable of British Airways’ flights to London and beyond is available online at ba.com, where customers can find the lowest fares and book, pay and check-in online for their flights.
– ENDS –
*Terms and conditions apply. Visit www.ba.com for full offer details.
About British Airways:
- British Airways has a worldwide route network that covers more than 175 destinations in 70 countries.
- The airline is one of the world’s largest international airlines carrying approximately 36 million passengers around the world every year.
- The airline offers a choice of four cabins on the majority of its long-haul services.
- The airline is investing in new aircraft, new cabins, new technology and new routes.
- British Airways operates the majority of flights from Terminal 5, its home at London Heathrow. This terminal is capable of handling 30 million customers a year and is the size of 50 football pitches.
- British Airways is half way through a more than £5bn investment in new aircraft, smarter cabins, elegant lounges and new technologies to make life more comfortable in the air and on the ground.