Fashion frenzy ain’t over after princess’ birth, next to watch is Duchess Kate’s nursing wear
Dubai, United Arab Emirates: What’s next for royal fashion watchers now that England’s little princess has been born? Much like how Kate Middleton drew attention with her pregnancy style, her choices for nursing dresses is sure to make it to the headlines. For fashion-forward UAE mums who want to channel their inner royal, here’s a tip: come down to Smitten where you can find a nursing piece likely to be picked by the Duchess of Cambridge!
Smitten, the go-to-boutique for chic maternity wear and children’s clothing, stocks a number of top fashion brands loved by A-list celebrities. One of them is Seraphine, an award-winning British maternity label worn by the Duchess on both her pregnancies. When Kate breast-fed Prince George, it was reported that among her top nursing style picks were also from Seraphine. As it’s expected that Kate will breastfeed anew, Smitten is letting you in on the chicest Seraphine nursing pieces available at their stores:
- Wear the nautical look with a navy blue and white striped nursing top that has subtle sparkles woven into the fabric. Disguised poppers at the sides make nursing a breeze. Price: AED 350
- A blue wrap dress made with super stretch jersey to adapt to your shape. It features concealed openings for discreet breastfeeding. The neon yellow band at the hem line will get you rocking the bold summer trend. Price: AED 625
- This ultra-feminine top features a sheer silky flutter sleeve overlay, which hides openings for easy breastfeeding access and doubles as a fashionable modesty cover to drape over baby’s head as you nurse. Price: AED 295
- A perfect casual style featuring a tiered bohemian-inspired skirt, this dress has a vest-style stop and a button-down front at the centre for easy access when you need to feed the baby. Price: AED 325
- The knotted front is a signature design by Seraphine and Kate has been photographed wearing a couple of dresses with this style from the brand, including for a royal family portrait! The deep V-neckline can be easily pulled aside whenever nursing time comes. Price: AED 330
Smitten is located at Shop 53, Level 1, Dubai Marina Mall, Sheikh Zayed Road, with telephone number +971 04 4519779.The boutique is also present in Abu Dhabi, with a branch at Shop 38, Level 2, World Trade Centre Mall, telephone number +971 02 6224303.
Smitten launched in Dubai in 2011 as an exclusive clothing boutique for yummy mummies and their children. The brainchild of London College of Fashion graduate RoshniShewakramani, the boutique was created to fill a void in the UAE’s fashion scene by offering fashion-forward comfort, quality and competitive pricing through handpicked specialty brands from around the world, including a number of celebrity brands.
Smitten is dedicated to providing a blend of luxury and practicality through clothes and accessories that will leave clients enamoured after each purchase, whether it is glamorous wear for the adults or adorable wear for the little ones.