Marks & Spencer unveils its one stop ‘Holiday Shop’
~Jet Set in style with M&S’s edit of holiday essentials~
Dubai, UAE: This sunny morning, Marks & Spencer gave a sneak peek to its stunning ‘Holiday Shop’ Summer 2014 at the M&S Café, Dubai Festival City. If you’re heading to the seaside, sunning it up in the Mediterranean or off on an exotic beach getaway, the Marks & Spencer’s holiday collection is your destination for a great summer wardrobe.
The event also marked the screening of the 2nd season of M&S’s web based mini-series called ‘London Calling’. Last year, Marks & Spencer has ventured outside the confines of traditional customer engagement channels and introduced this regional first ‘dramedy’ mini-series. Featured exclusively online and in Arabic with English subtitles this unconventional approach aimed to reach out to the local Arab customer through the digital space to build awareness and engagement in an original and inspiring style.
The new holiday range encapsulates a range of swimwear, beachwear and flattering shape wear. Along with chic cover-ups and summertime inspired accessories this collection is the perfect mix of glamorous and breezy for an inspired holiday.
Strut in style under the sun as the iconic brand gets inspired from the best of the runway styles and envelopes them in wearable colour-pops of fluoro-dye shades of orange, pink, green, and yellow. The elegant holiday range extends this summer to include sunshine-bright tropical printed tankinis, sophisticated paisley prints and cool monochrome accessories like handbags. The season offerings also comprise of a colourful range of maxi-dresses and sarongs, the popular ones being the abstract print pleated maxi dress and the shoulder twist crossover maxi dress. The long and short chino shorts for women have emerged as popular styles, and the vibrant bold colours cannot be missed in Per Una’s cotton rich denim shorts.
Realising the needs of the modest Middle East woman, M&S also have a range of Burkinis, a lightweight swimwear outfit made of Lycra and nylon that leave only the hands, feet and face showing.
Mariam Chahin, Regional Marketing Manager, Marks & Spencer Al-Futtaim said, “The new M&S holiday range packs an array of gorgeous designs, colours and styles to underline the beauty of every woman’s body shape & need. This season M&S makes sure that you have the most enviable silhouette on your holiday as our summer lines are full of innovations like the fabulous tummy control swimwear.
From chic kaftans to bikinis with a twist, to sandals for every occasion and hats and sunglasses for finishing off your sun-ready outfits, this is your one-stop destination for holiday style”, Ms. Chahin added.
Find everything you need for the perfect getaway with Marks & Spencer’s essential holiday collection.
The collection will be available in Marks & Spencer’s stores across GCC.
Note: Some items may not be available in certain stores.
About Marks & Spencer Al-Futtaim
- A member of the Al-Futtaim Group of companies since 1998, the Marks & Spencer Al-Futtaim franchise partnership boasts 27 stores located in the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Egypt, Kuwait, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon and Qatar.
- The stores offer an extensive range of stylish, high quality clothing products for the whole family, across each category – womenswear, lingerie, menswear and kidswear. M&S also offers beauty and home products, as well as outstanding quality food.
- M&S stores are present in:
- UAE: Dubai Festival City, Mall of the Emirates Dubai, Deira City Centre, Mirdif City Centre Dubai, The Dubai Mall, Wafi City Mall Dubai, Al Ghurair Mall; Abu Dhabi- Marina Mall, Fetouh Al Khair Mall, Dalma Mall; Al Ain- Bawadi Mall; RAK-Al Manar Mall.
Qatar: Landmark Mall, Villaggio Mall;
Kuwait: The View, The Avenues, 360 Mall;
Bahrain- Bahrain City Centre; Seef Mall
Oman: Muscat City Centre;
Egypt: Dandy Mall, City Stars, Cairo Festival City, Alexandria City Centre;
Jordan: Taj Mall, Galleria Mall
Lebanon: Beirut City Centre
- In addition to this impressive list, Dubai Festival City, one of the M&S’s largest international store features the new-look format with exciting fashion and food displays to make the store more inviting, inspiring and easier to shop
- For more information, please visit www.marksandspencer.ae