City, Snow and Style — Christmas in Munich with The Charles Hotel
Rocco Forte’s Munich hotel presents festive packages for the Christmas season and
New Year’s Eve
The Charles Hotel lobby decorated for the festive season
Munich 2013 Munich is one of the most popular winter destinations among international tourists. According to the Munich tourist authority, 223,000 of the roughly half a million people to visit Munich in December 2012 came from abroad. At almost 21,000, guests from the United States topped the list, followed by visitors from Italy (28,384), the UK (20,571), and Russia (18,228). Approximately 8000 tourists came from the United Arab Emirates to Munich during the Christmas month.
As in previous years, the 95 Christkindlmärkte (Christmas markets) will ring in the Advent season, starting on 29 November. Until then, the Bavarian offspring of the Rocco Forte Hotels family, The Charles Hotel, prepares for the most anticipated season of the year by offering enticing packages, a relaxed atmosphere, festive menus and Christmas city activities for its guests.
- By now a tradition, the first Advent weekend will see The Charles Hotel’s Glühweinhütte (mulled wine hut) open on the DAVVERO restaurant’s terrace: every day from 4 to 7 p.m., locals and visitors alike can get a first taste of Christmas, tucked into a warm blanket in front of a crackling fire, enjoying The Charles Hotel speciality.
- Advent season means candles, pine scent, gingerbread and lots of time spent with family and friends. On each of the four Advent weekends, the elegantly decorated DAVVERO restaurant serves a late breakfast for only €40per person, where guests can enjoy festive delicacies accompanied by relaxing piano music. Meanwhile, our youngest guests are taken care of at the Kids Club, where they eagerly await the arrival of Santa Claus.
- On Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day head chef Giovanni Russo’s kitchen is filled with especially tantalising aromas, as the DAVVERO restaurant takes these three days to serve festive six and eight course menus and finest beverages right across from the snow-covered old botanical garden. For more information and bookings, contact: http://www.davverorestaurant.de/
- Families planning to spend this year’s Christmas in the Bavarian capital can take advantage of a special winter suite offer at The Charles Hotel: when booking a suite for the parents, the adjoining children’s bedroom is free. Rates start at €1560 per night for both rooms, including buffet breakfast, Wi-Fi access and ironing service. Children between four and twelve pay half price for meals and beverages. Upon request, the hotel will supply a decorated Christmas tree, bringing the Christmas atmosphere directly into the families’ suites.
- The Munich experts at The Charles Hotel’s concierge desk will be happy to arrange custom-made entertainment programmes complete with a snowshoe hike or a game of Bavarian curling. In addition, the Munich Christkindl Pass 2013 allows visitors to enjoy delicacies at one of the Christmas markets, visit the Munich Municipal Museum and ascend to the observation deck atop the New Town Hall’s tower overlooking the Marienplatz square. €16 per person, the pass can be purchased at the concierge desk.
For further information and reservations, contact +49 89 544 555 0 or